Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Diabetic diet/glucometer update

So... for starters, I found out I have a Vitamin D deficiency so now I take 2 more supplements. That brings my daily pill total to 13:

3 Progesterone supplements 
1 Lamictal (anticonvulsant)
1 Metformin (insulin resistance)
2 Prenatal gummy vitamins
3 Folic Acid supplements
2 Vitamin D supplements
1 Calcium chew

Everything except the Lamictal and Metformin are pregnancy related... but, at this point, the Metformin is also being used as something to help with the baby too.

Diet Update:
I followed the diet for 4 days, perfectly. My blood sugars? PERFECT.
I tested my theory and I ate normally for 1 whole day... my blood sugar? PERFECT!

So I've decided to be non-compliant and not follow the diet or check my sugar anymore. After my 12 week ultrasound next Wednesday, I'm asking to be discharged from their practice because I do not belong in their "Diabetes in Pregnancy" program. I don't have diabetes. I don't run high blood sugars. I don't even have a history of gestational diabetes. And, my insulin resistance was exactly the same during my pregnancy with Chase so clearly it's not that big of a deal if no one bothered with it then.

As far as I'm concerned, this program is a waste of my time and insurance. Even my husband thinks it's crazy and very unfair to put a pregnant woman on a DIET she doesn't need. So, I'm done! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment