Monday, May 27, 2013

My first trip to L&D!

I was hoping to go the whole pregnancy without having to go to L&D but no such luck!

I woke up yesterday (Sunday 5/26) morning at about 4am and tried to roll over in bed because my Braxton Hicks were really painful- the entire room started to spin and I passed out. I didn't know what to do, so I left a note for my sister and brother in law (we're staying with them until our new house is ready), saying that I had to go to the hospital and that Chase was still asleep. I (stupidly) drove myself to the hospital because I didn't want to wake anyone up and inconvenience them. I, of course, waited for the dizziness to pass before I drove!

Long story short: I am anemic and my potassium was way low. My contractions were picking up on the monitor but thankfully they weren't in a "labor pattern" according to the doctor. I had to drink 2 awful potassium supplements (never, ever do that if you can help it!) and then got hooked up to a potassium drip for 3 hours while it replenished mine.

Apparently that can make you pass out AND have contractions. Who knew!

Thankfully baby and I are both okay! :) Joey is still out of town so I had to relay this all to him via texting and the phone. Poor guy was worried sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment