Monday, February 25, 2013

Prenatal Visit: 16 weeks

Today I saw Dr. Rogers for my prenatal visit, this was the first time I've met her. I have been with their practice for about 4 years, but it seems like their Ob team made a lot of changes in the time I wasn't pregnant! A lot of my doctors from last time are gone and there are a lot of new ones to replace them.

Blood pressure, weight, urine were all normal.

Visit itself was pretty quick--- she came in and chatted for a minute, then used the doppler to find baby. Guess what! She actually found the heartbeat this time, and I was so thrilled! Heart rate was in the 140s, she said. Each time she'd find the heart rate we'd hear, "WHOOSH!" - baby was kicking away from the doppler! She's already a little troublemaker! ;)

I asked about stopping the folic acid supplements (she said to wait until 20 weeks), and vitamin D supplements (told me to just keep taking them).

I got word yesterday that Tricare is no longer covering my Lamictal and I need to switch to generic, so I am going to see my neurologist tomorrow to try to get that straightened out. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment